Last updated: July 21, 2021
Clients’ employees located in California should direct their requests to access or delete their personal information to their employers. DailyPay assists its business clients in responding to such requests.
The information portion of our website is intended for businesses, not for personal, family or household use. Accordingly, we treat all personal information of users who visit the information portion of our website as pertaining to individuals acting as representatives of businesses, rather than in their personal capacity.
2. Information Collected. We receive and/or collect personal information from you in the following ways:
2.1. We collect personal information directly from your employer in order to provide our Services to you.
2.2. Account. In order to utilize our Services, you are required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with an email address, mobile phone number, and a password that you will use for your Account
Third Party Accounts: You may choose to create (or supplement) an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign on’ button that we may display on the site for a designated account that you have with a third party website or service (each a ‘Third
Party Account’). Doing so will enable you to link your DailyPay Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then we will obtain certain information, including personal information, from your Third Party Account. The information
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email or text message to your nominated email address, mobile phone number, or to the email address that you have designated in your Third Party Account to instruct you
how to confirm your registration.
2.3. Contact Us Information. If you send us a ‘Contact Us’ request, whether by submitting an online form, direct email to a DailyPay email address, or text message to our company number that we make available on the Site, you may be
required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
2.4. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer our Services, track user’s movement around our Services, and gather demographic information.
2.5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our website and mobile app may utilize cookies and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Services, to advertise our Services to you on behalf of your hiring entities, and
to present you with information that is customized for you. A cookie is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site and Service activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to
recall information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie,
or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
3. Use of Personal Information. If you submit or we collect personal information through the Services, then such personal information may be used by us in the following ways:
3.1. We may use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs, features or offerings that you may have registered for, to advertise our Services to you on behalf
of your hiring entities, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
3.2. We may use your designated email address or mobile phone number to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services; and/or (ii) respond to a Contact Us or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
3.3. We may transfer your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers for the purpose of storing or processing such information on our behalf. Such information may be transferred to other countries. We do
not permit our third-party service providers to use personal information they access or receive from us for any purposes other than as needed to carry out the services they provide.
3.4. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
Direct marketing. We may send our business clients and prospects DailyPay-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the Opting Out section below.
3.5. We may disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) to administer our Services; (ii) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process
or governmental request; (iii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iv) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (v) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DailyPay,
our users, yourself or the public.
4. Use of Anonymous Information. We may create anonymous data from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable, and use that anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
5. Opting In and Opting Out. You may choose to receive promotional and advertising text messages from us by providing us with your written consent through your employer. You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising emails or text
messages from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails or by texting STOP to opt out of such text messages. You could also control your notifications in your account settings. If you opt out of receiving the
foregoing emails or text messages, we may still send you a response to any Contact Us request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request, an email/text message verification, or a payment-related
email/text message) that are necessary to facilitate your use of our Services.
6. Online Tracking Opt-Out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected:
6.1. Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until
you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
6.2. Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
6.3. Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery, or
uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
6.4. Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
6.5. Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Digital advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info
Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.
7. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with personal information, we wish to maintain accurate personal information. You may use the tools that we make available on our Services to remove or modify certain information in your Account.
9. Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us.
10. Security. The security of personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality.
11. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign personal information in connection with the foregoing events.